How To Open Webp Files In Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is an advanced photo editing tool that works with almost every file format. You don’t really need to covert them in order to edit images in this tool. But there are issues with some of the newer file formats like webp which are commonly used on websites.
If you’re saving a picture from a web page and it opens with the Image.Webp file extension, Photoshop won’t read it. It’s annoying to find a WebP converter, which may or may not affect image quality.
No worries, there is a quick fix to this problem. You can open or edit a WebP image directly in Adobe Photoshop with a free plugin. Here’s how to do it.
Download webp plugin for Photoshop. Install this on your Windows 10 or Mac system and your job is done. I am going to share with you the direct download link of the Photoshop webp plugin as well as exact steps on how to install that webp plugin on Windows 10 PC. It is a simple copy/paste process.
Webp Files Pulgin Download In Photoshop
- Download Webp Shop Plugin from Github.
- If you are using Mac then select the Mac Download Link.
- For Windows download “WebPShop_0_3_2_Win_x64.8bi“
- Copy this file and paste it on the following location – “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins”
- Run Photoshop and now open any webp files.